4.3.7. Replacement of cooling liquid
According to the recommendation of manufacturer cooling liquid should be replaced through 40 thousand km of a run or 4 years of operation (depending on what will come earlier).
It will be required to you: cooling liquid, a pure rag, capacity for the merged cooling liquid with a capacity not less than 10 l, the screw-driver with a flat edge.
Apply cooling liquids on the basis of ethylene glycol (antifreeze).
Replace cooling liquid only on the cold engine.
Cooling liquid is toxic therefore be careful during the work with it.
At launch of the engine the stopper of a broad tank has to be closed. Wrap a tank stopper densely. The cooling system at the working engine is under pressure therefore at poorly wrapped up stopper from under it cooling liquid can begin to flow.
1. Install the car on the flat horizontal platform.
2. Turn off a stopper of a broad tank.
3. Substitute capacity under the taking-away radiator branch pipe.
4. Pincers squeeze short moustaches of a collar of fastening of a hose to the taking-away radiator branch pipe...
5.... shift a collar on a hose and, having removed a hose from a branch pipe, merge cooling liquid.
6. Attach the taking-away hose to a radiator branch pipe.
If the broad tank is strongly polluted, then remove (see. "Removal and installation of a broad tank") also wash out it.
7. Wash out the cooling system for what wrap a drain stopper and fill system with water through a broad tank.
8. Launch the engine and let's it work until turning on of the electric fan.
9. Kill the engine and merge water.
10. Wash out the cooling system, clear water will not begin to merge yet.
11. Fill the engine cooling system, filling in cooling liquid in a broad tank.
12. Launch the engine and warm up it up to the working temperature (before turning on of the electric fan). After that stop the engine, check the level of cooling liquid and if necessary add it in a broad tank to a tag of "MAX".
During the operation of the engine you watch temperature of cooling liquid according to the index. If the arrow reached a red zone, and the fan of a radiator did not turn on, include a heater and check what air passes through it. If the heater gives the warmed-up air, most likely, the fan is faulty and if gives cold air, so in the cooling system of the engine the air stopper was formed. For its removal kill the engine, let's it cool down and turn off a stopper of a broad tank. Launch the engine, let's it work within 3–5 min. and wrap a tank stopper.
For the best filling of system without air traffic jams periodically to a prozhimayta radiator hoses a hand.
In several days of operation of the car after replacement of cooling liquid check its level. If necessary fill level.
If through very short time color became freshen liquids brown, so you filled in a fake to which the producer "forgot" to add corrosion inhibitors. Besides, one of signs of a fake is sharp full decolouration of liquid. Dye of qualitative cooling liquid is very resistant and over time only darkens. The liquid tinted by linen blue becomes colourless. Such "antifreeze" needs to be replaced quicker.