5.14.5. Replacement of the module of the fuel pump
If engine capacity falls, periodic howlings or the increased noise during the operation of the fuel pump are heard, then, most likely, the fuel pump failed.
At first check pressure in a fuel supply system in the following order:
– check serviceability of the regulator of pressure of fuel (see. "Replacement of the regulator of pressure of fuel");
– if pressure in system in the mode of idling is less than 350 kPa (3,5 kgfs/cm2), remove the fuel module and wash out a grid of the filter of rough purification of fuel;
– if it did not help, replace the filter of thin purification of fuel (see. "Replacement of the fuel filter").
If in this case pressure does not increase, it is necessary to replace the fuel pump.
It will be required to you: hammer, wooden drift.
1. Reduce pressure in a power supply system (see. "Pressure decrease in a power supply system").
2. Disconnect a wire from the minus plug of the rechargeable battery.
3. Open a door of a back and remove a luggage carrier rug.
4. Turn out three screws of fastening of a cover of the hatch of the fuel module...
7.... also disconnect a block of a plait of wires from the module of the fuel pump.
8. Press a clamp and disconnect a tip of a fuel-supply line of high pressure from the union of the module of the fuel pump.
9. Similarly disconnect a tip of a drain fuel-supply line.
10. Weaken an inhaling of a nut of fastening of the module of the fuel pump, striking easy blows with the hammer through a wooden pro-rate to nut ledges.
11. Turn off and remove a nut.
12. Take the module from a tank, having inclined it sideways not to bend the lever of the sensor of the index of level of fuel and not to turn a float on the lever. Otherwise indications of the index in a combination of devices will be incorrect. Merge from a glass of the fuel module fuel in in advance prepared capacity.
13. Remove a rubber sealing ring of the fuel pump. Surely replace strongly pressed out, hardened or torn ring in order to avoid a gasoline leak.
14. Install the fuel module and all removed details as it should be, the return to removal.