5.11.3. Assembly of the engine
It will be required to you: a dynamometer key, the hammer (it is desirable with brisk of soft metal or polyurethane), the device for installation of pistons in cylinders, the same keys, as for dismantling of the engine, the screw-driver, an assembly shovel.
1. Insert a rod into the piston, oil a piston finger engine and press it in a rod on the same adaptation on which the finger was pressed off, or by means of the hammer and the suitable mandrel inserted into an internal opening of a finger. The piston has to nestle a lug on the top head of a rod in the direction of a finger press fitting that will allow it to reach the correct position.
The finger is implanted into the top head of a rod with a tightness therefore for simplification of assembly and preservation of its landing it is recommended to heat rods, having placed them the top heads on
15 min. in the electric furnace heated to 240 °C. Temperature of heating of a rod can be checked by means of a termokhromny pencil. For the correct connection of a finger with a rod press a finger as soon as possible as after its cooling position of a finger cannot be changed already.
2. Establish piston rings as it should be, the return to removal.
At installation do not unclench a ring more, than it is necessary not to deform or to break them.
Fig. 5.9. An arrangement of locks of piston rings before installation of the piston in the cylinder: 1 – dilator of an oil scraper ring and top compression ring; 2 – top ring of a compound oil scraper ring; 3 – lower compression ring; 4 – lower ring of a compound oil scraper ring
3. Orient rings, as shown in fig. 5.9. Install rings on other pistons.
4. Lay the top inserts of radical bearings in a bed of the block of cylinders.
Establish inserts so that the adjusting short mustache of an insert was combined with dredging on a bed.
5. Oil inserts engine.
6. Establish persistent half rings in an average support of a bed of a bent shaft.
7. Install a bent shaft in the block of cylinders.
8. Lay the lower inserts in covers of radical bearings, having combined short moustaches of inserts with dredging on covers.
The top and lower inserts of radical bearings can differ on an opening arrangement for an oil supply. Establish inserts so that these openings coincided with openings of channels for an oil supply in beds of support of radical bearings. After installation of inserts in nests their ends come out a little therefore for the correct orientation of inserts at a final inhaling of bolts of fastening of covers of bearings track that the vystupaniye of both ends was identical.
9. Oil engine radical necks of a bent shaft.
10. Oil engine inserts in covers of radical bearings of a bent shaft.
11. Establish covers of radical bearings according to serial numbers, having oriented on tags.
For installation of covers of bearings of a bent shaft use the hammer with soft brisk, made of brass, lead or polyurethane. It is forbidden to establish covers by an inhaling of fasteners as in this case landing surfaces of covers and the block of cylinders will be damaged.
12. Establish bolts of covers and evenly tighten the moment specified in the appendix 1.
Surely replace bolts of fastening of covers of radical bearings new.
13. Check correctness of assembly, having turned a bent shaft a hand on several turns. The shaft has to rotate freely and smoothly.
14. Establish inserts in rods, having combined an adjusting short mustache of an insert with dredging on a rod.
15. Oil engine mirrors of cylinders, pistons, piston rings and connecting rods.
16. Install the device for compression of rings on the piston and, wrapping the screw, squeeze rings.
17. Turn a bent shaft so that his conrod neck on which mount conrod and piston group was established in VMT. Install the piston in the cylinder according to marking of number of the cylinder on a rod, press (for example, the hammer handle) the piston and shift it from a mandrel in the cylinder. Similarly install pistons in other cylinders.
At installation of pistons into the shooter's cylinders on the piston it has to be turned to a forward part of the engine.
Install the piston in the cylinder carefully not to injure the lower head of a rod a conrod neck of a bent shaft.
18. Establish connecting rods in covers of rods, having combined an adjusting short mustache of an insert with dredging on a cover.
19. Oil engine connecting rods in covers of rods and conrod necks of a bent shaft.
20. Establish a rod cover, having connected a rod to a neck of a bent shaft and having combined tags on a rod and a cover.
21. Screw conrod bolts, without tightening them it is final.
22. Tighten conrod bolts the moment specified in the appendix 1.
23. Check ease of movement of a rod along a conrod neck. When jamming turn off conrod bolts and repeatedly tighten them the nominal moment.
24. Check a side gap of a rod, it has to be 0,070–0,242 mm. The increased gap indicates excessive wear of cheeks of cranks of a bent shaft. In this case replace a bent shaft.
25. Similarly fix covers of other rods.
26. Check an axial gap of a bent shaft, it has to be 0,092–0,303 mm. The increased gap indicates wear of basic half rings of a bent shaft or bed of the average radical bearing (tab. 5.13). In this case replace a bent shaft. If it does not lead to reduction of an axial gap, it is necessary to replace the block of cylinders.
Table 5.13 Nominal and repair sizes of an average support of a bent shaft and basic half rings
27. Establish a back epiploon of a bent shaft (see. "Replacement of epiploons of a bent shaft").
28. Install the oil pump (see. "Removal and installation of the oil pump").
29. Establish an oil case (see. "Replacement of consolidation of an oil case").
30. Further collect the engine as it should be, the return to dismantling. Installation of a head of the block of cylinders is described in the subsection "Replacement of Laying of a Head of the Block of Cylinders", the water pump — in the subsection "Replacement of the Water Pump", a belt of the drive of the gas-distributing mechanism — in the subsection "Replacement of a Belt of the Drive of the Gas-distributing Mechanism and Its Tension Roller".
After assembly of the engine it is recommended to carry out its running in at the stand. As out of the special repair organizations it is impossible to make it, after installation of the engine on the car roll it on the simplified cycle in the following order.
1. Be convinced of correctness of adjustment of the drive of a butterfly valve, fill in oil and cooling liquid, check tightness of all connections.
2. Launch the engine and let's it work without loading on the following cycle.
You do not bring operation of the engine to the maximum modes.
3. In operating time check tightness of the engine and its systems, oil pressure, pay attention to existence of extraneous noises.
4. If extraneous noises or other malfunctions are found, stop the engine and remove their cause.
5. Having begun operation of the car, observe the modes provided for the period of a running in of the new car.