11.14.2. Removal and installation of a safety cushion of the driver
The safety cushion of the driver needs to be removed at repair of elements of steering and electric equipment of the car therefore process of its removal and installation is described in this manual. However in order to avoid getting injured strictly adhere to the recommended sequence of work.
It will be required to you: TORX T40 key, the screw-driver with a flat edge.
1. Disconnect a wire from the minus plug of the rechargeable battery.
The attempt of removal of the module of a safety cushion without shutdown of the rechargeable battery can lead to operation of a pillow.
It is possible to start operations on removal of a safety cushion only after the full category of the condenser of the activator. For the category of the condenser it is necessary to wait not less than 15 min. after a wire detachment from the minus plug of the rechargeable battery.
Dismantling of the module of a safety cushion is forbidden.
Falling of the module of a safety cushion and hit on it of water, lubricant or oil is not allowed.
Impact on the module of a safety cushion of temperature above 95 °C is not allowed.
2. Having hooked the screw-driver...
3.... remove caps on facing of a steering wheel at the left and on the right.
4. Turn out screws of fastening of a safety cushion to a nave of a steering wheel at the left and on the right.
5. Accurately take away the safety cushion module...
6.... unfasten a clamp of a block of a plait of wires of a safety cushion...
7.... disconnect a block of wires and remove the safety cushion module.
8. Establish a safety cushion as it should be, the return to removal.