11.22.1. Wash of the car
At the heart of care of a body — a regular sink and processing by special protective structures. It is possible to wash a body on a specialized sink (only manually, without application of mechanical brushes) or independently in places, specially allotted for this purpose.
The independent sink will require a bucket and two brushes: big with a long soft bristle (it is better with the long handle) for a sink of a body and small with a rigid bristle for a wash of forward and back panels of a body and disks of wheels, and also several rags.
You should not wash the car in the sun and in the conditions of strong dust content of air at strong wind.
For prevention of environmental pollution wash the car in the specially allotted places equipped with the waste sewerage or local treatment facilities.
Before a wash of the car clean drainage openings of doors and thresholds (see. "Clearing of drainage openings of a body").
Do not remove dust and dirt a body a dry rag — it is so possible to scratch a paint and varnish covering.
Do not use for washing gasoline, kerosene, soda and sea water in order to avoid damage of a paint and varnish covering, rubber and plastic details of a body.
It is impossible to wash a body in frosty weather and to leave in a frost on the car with a wet body: when freezing water on the surface of paint microcracks can be formed.
It is impossible to apply gasoline or solvent to cleaning of plastic details.
Brake fluid, electrolyte, alkalis, solution of soda destroy a paint and varnish covering. At hit of these substances immediately wash out and wipe a body with a pure rag.
1. We recommend to wash a body in a shadow as at bystry drying of a paint and varnish covering under direct sunshine on a body there will be light spots. If there is an opportunity, wash a body with water from a hose and a soft sponge.
2. Carefully wash out junctions of details of a body and welded seams, places of a zavaltsovka of panels of doors and a cowl.
3. At a sink of podkapotny space water should not get on electric equipment elements. We recommend to use special means for cleaning of the engine. After a sink blow air or wipe dry electric equipment elements.
4. Flew down better to wash with the soft rag moistened with water with addition of the washing liquid.
5. For cleaning of elements of an upholstery of salon and seats we recommend to use the vacuum cleaner. Delete fat spots from an upholstery with soap solution or special means for cleaning of an interior.
6. It is possible to apply usual silicone lubricant to gloss giving to plastic details of internal and exterior finish. Apply it with a thin layer on plastic details and polish with a pure rag.
Do not use the means containing silicone for processing of a steering wheel.
7. Wash wheel arches or a stream of water under pressure, or a hair brush. Wash the bottom with a hair brush at least once a year, it is desirable prior to winter operation, before restoration of an anticorrosive covering. Periodically wash out the bottom and wheel arches during the winter period to clear them of deicing reagents.