5.13.4. Replacement of a radiator of the cooling system
The radiator is subject to replacement at detection of a leak of cooling liquid.
The radiator can be checked and repaired in the workshop having the special equipment.
Remove a radiator only on the cold engine.
It will be required to you: a key "on 10", bokoreza, the screw-driver with a flat edge, passatizh with changeable capture.
1. Disconnect a wire from the minus plug of the rechargeable battery.
2. Remove radiator electric fans (see. "Removal and installation of electric fans of a radiator of the cooling system").
3. Merge cooling liquid (see. "Replacement of cooling liquid").
For discharge it is required to disconnect the taking-away hose from a radiator branch pipe as there is no opening for discharge of cooling liquid in a radiator.
4. Have a bite a collar of fastening of a steam discharge hose...
5.... also disconnect a hose from the radiator union.
6. Weaken a collar of fastening of the bringing hose to a radiator branch pipe, having squeezed passatizham its unbent ears, shift a collar on a hose...
7.... also disconnect the bringing hose from a radiator branch pipe.
8. Turn out bolts of fastening of arms of the top support of a radiator to the top cross-piece of a frame of a radiator.
Together with the right top support of a radiator to a cross-piece the holder of an emphasis of a cowl fastens. Do not forget to put it into place at installation of a radiator.
9. Incline a radiator towards the engine...
10.... remove arms of the top support of a radiator assembled with pillows...
11.... also take a radiator from a motor compartment.
The rubber pillows of the lower support established in openings in a forward stretcher are put on pins in the lower part of each tank of a radiator. Take out them from a stretcher if they remained in its openings, or remove from pins and examine.
Replace strongly pressed out or hardened pillows.
Similarly take out pillows from arms of the top support...
... examine them and if necessary replace.
12. Wash out a radiator outside a stream of water and dry. If on plastic tanks of a radiator there are cracks, replace a radiator.
13. Check tightness of a radiator for what muffle radiator branch pipes, except one to which bring a hose for supply of compressed air. Lower a radiator in a bathtub with water and give air under pressure of 0,1 MPas (1 kgf/cm2) approximately on 30 pages. The damaged places will leave air bubbles. If the radiator is not located in capacity completely, check it consistently from all directions.
If the leak is found in connection of plastic tanks with a radiator core, it can be eliminated with preload of otgibny moustaches of a basic plate of a radiator.
If leak happens through damage of a tube, it can be soldered lead solder.
After elimination of a leak check tightness of a radiator again.
14. Establish a radiator as it should be, the return to removal. At installation of a radiator adjusting pins from below of a radiator have to enter its rubber pillows of fastening.
Further to exclude a possibility of dribble of cooling liquid, grease before installation of hoses radiator branch pipes a thin layer of silicone sealant.
15. Fill in cooling liquid and remove air traffic jams from the cooling system (see. "Replacement of cooling liquid").