5.12.3. Repair of the oil pump
It will be required to you: a key hexagon "on 8", the screw-driver with a crosswise edge, a caliper, a set of flat probes.
1. Remove the oil pump from the car (see. "Removal and installation of the oil pump").
If sealing laying remained on a pump housing and is not damaged, it can be not separated from the case. In this case at the return installation of the pump grease laying with a thin layer of sealant.
2. Merge oil from the pump.
3. Take out from boring of the case any pointed tool (for example, the screw-driver) a forward epiploon of a bent shaft.
4. Turn out a stopper of the reducing valve from a pump housing...
The spring of the reducing valve is established with a tightness. In order to avoid getting injured turn out a stopper carefully.
Pay attention: under a stopper of the reducing valve sealing laying is established, do not lose it.
11. Wash out a pump housing and the dismantled details from dirt and deposits. Remove dense varnish deposits from internal cavities of the pump, previously having softened them solvent.
Varnish oil deposits well are removed the means which are available on sale for washing of the engine (so-called "five-minutes").
12. Examine the case and a cover of the pump. In the presence of cracks, scratches, defects of casting, the damaged carving openings replace the case (as it is not maintainable) or the pump assembled.
13. Check a plunger of the reducing valve for existence of scratches and traces of jamming. Small dents and agnails can be removed with grinding whetstone of small granularity.
14. Check a spring of the reducing valve for residual deformation and a bend. Replace strongly pressed out or damaged spring.
15. Check gear wheels for existence of vykrashivaniye of metal, the tease and wear of teeths. Replace the damaged gear wheels or gear wheels on which the increased unilateral wear of teeths is swept visually up.
16. Check an axial gap between end faces of gear wheels and the plane of a cover of the pump. It can be made in two ways.
17. At the first way measure thickness of the leader and conducted gear wheels, and also boring depth in the case under gear wheels. Calculate an axial gap as a difference of arithmetic-mean value of depth of boring and thickness of gear wheels.
18. At the second way install the conducted gear wheel in the case, put a metal ruler (or a caliper) an end face on the case and measure by the probe a gap between the case and a ruler.
19. Similarly measure an axial gap of the leading gear wheel.
20. The most admissible gaps measured in both ways have to be 0,045–0,100 mm for the conducted gear wheel and 0,035–0,085 mm for the leader. If at least one of gaps does not correspond to the specified value, replace the case or the pump assembled.
21. Collect the pump in the sequence, the return dismantling. Before a press fitting in a pump cover oil a forward epiploon of a bent shaft engine. Apply on a carving of a stopper of the reducing valve the condensing structure of Loctite 573 or similar to it and tighten a stopper the moment of 30 N · m (3,0 kgfs · м). If you establish new laying, paste it to the case jellied lubricant.
Use only company factory laying. Installation of laying of other thickness will lead to violation of operation of the pump.
In order to avoid damage of the engine at the first start-up after installation of the oil pump before installing gear wheels in its case, fill all cavities of the pump with jellied mineral lubricant for ensuring absorption of oil from an oil case.
If at the first launch of the engine with the replaced oil pump oil pressure does not rise to demanded at once, immediately stop the engine, remove an oil case and check tightness of connection of the pump with an oil receiver. If necessary repeatedly disassemble the pump and again fill his cavities with jellied mineral lubricant. In the absence of necessary pressure in the lubrication system even short-term operation of the engine leads to its emergency damage.