4.2.1. Check of wheels
It will be required to you: manometer, pump, caliper.
Periodically check air pressure in tires (tab. 4.2). The increased or lowered pressure results in premature wear of tires, deterioration in controllability and stability of the car.
The table 4.2 Air Pressure in tires, kPa
We recommend to use the foot pump with the built-in manometer.
Fig. 4.1. Scheme of shift of wheels
In order that tires wore out evenly, through each 10 000 km of a run rearrange wheels according to the scheme in fig. 4.1.
Besides, through each 20 000 km of a run balance wheels and check the angles of installation of forward wheels. For this purpose address in a specialized workshop.
You carry out all works on repair of wheels in specialized workshops.
Check that after repair the wheel was balanced.
Operation of tires with a worn-out protector can lead to accident.
1. Turn off a cap from the gate.
2. Check air pressure in the tire. For this purpose drop indications of the manometer on zero, having pressed the special button on the manometer case...
3.... connect the manometer to the gate and press a zolotnik a manometer tip.
4. If pressure is less than demanded, connect a hose tip to the gate...
5.... also pump up air, controlling pressure on the manometer.
6. If pressure is more than demanded, press a special ledge of the manometer on a tip of a zolotnik and let out the air from the tire. Measure the manometer pressure. Repeating these operations, bring pressure to norm.
7. If you noticed that air pressure in tires constantly falls, try to wrap more tightly a zolotnik by means of a cap with a key.
In order to avoid pollution of zolotniks do not operate the car without protective caps. If caps were lost, surely establish new.
8. To check tightness of a zolotnik, wet a gate opening. If there were vials of the coming-out air, replace a zolotnik, having turned out faulty by means of a cap with a key.
9. Measure by a caliper the residual depth of a protector. If depth of a protector of 1,6 mm or is less, replace the tire.
10. If near at hand there is no caliper, then depth of a protector can be checked visually on indicators of wear of the tire in the form of continuous cross strips on a protector.
The locations of indicators are marked on a tire sidewall with a triangle or the letters "TWI".
11. Check an inhaling of bolts of fastening of a wheel and if necessary tighten their moment 100–120 N · m.