3.1.3. Check of system of ignition
On your car the microprocessor system of ignition (MPSZ) of high energy is installed. Voltage about 40 000 V is brought to high-voltage wires and though at small current it is not life-threatening, the possible blow by current when checking system of ignition can lead to serious consequences. Therefore if you undertake a high-voltage wire at the included ignition, use a thick rubber glove or as a last resort passatizham with the isolated handles.
Before check of system of ignition install the gear shifting lever in neutral situation and leave included in the parking brake.
1. At the switched-off ignition check an integrity and landing of high-voltage wires in ignition coil nests.
2. Check serviceability of the coil of ignition (see. "Check of the coil of ignition").
3. If the low-voltage chain of the coil of ignition is serviceable, check existence of a spark on spark plugs. Remove a high-voltage wire from any spark plug. Insert a spare spark plug into a wire tip and press it a metal part to "mass" of the car (for example, to an inlet pipe). Ask the assistant to turn a starter a bent shaft of the engine.
The reliable contact of the case of a candle with "weight" is obligatory as at emergence of an additional spark interval, bigger, than a gap between candle electrodes, damage of the block of a control system of the engine or a high-voltage chain of the coil of ignition is possible.
You carry out the specified inspection no more than five seconds not to damage converter of the fulfilled gases at hit in it the gasoline engine which did not burn down in cylinders.
4. If there is no spark, replace high-voltage wires new. It is possible previously to try to establish old, but checked, from the "working" car.
5. If after replacement of wires the spark did not appear, replace the ignition coil (see. "Removal and installation of the coil of ignition"). If the spark is, but the engine is not started, replace spark plugs new. It is possible previously also to try to establish old, but checked, from the "working" car.
6. If after that the engine is not started, check serviceability of a control system of the engine (see. "Malfunctions of system of injection of fuel").