3.12. Launch of the engine from external sources of current
If it is not possible to launch the engine because of the partial or full category of the rechargeable battery, then for start-up it is possible to use the rechargeable battery of other car. For connection of the battery - "donor" use special connecting cables with clips like "crocodile".
At launch of the engine from the additional rechargeable battery carefully observe the sequence of work stated in this subsection. Otherwise there can be an ignition or explosion that will lead to damage of both cars.
Before connection of the external rechargeable battery be convinced that ignition is switched off. Switch off also all consumers of the electric power (headlights, the autoradio tape recorder, screen wipers, etc.).
At connection and a detachment of wires do not allow their mutual contact, and also contact of wires with fans, driving belts or other rotating details.
Do not disconnect a wire of the external rechargeable battery until the engine does not begin to work at normal turns of idling.
If during launch of the engine from the additional rechargeable battery you left the audio system included, it can seriously be damaged. Always switch off the audio system before launch of the engine from the rechargeable battery of other car.
1. Install the car with the discharged rechargeable battery near the car - "donor" within reach of connecting cables.
Cars should not adjoin at all. Otherwise there can be an undesirable short circuit on "weight" therefore you will not be able to launch the car engine with the discharged rechargeable battery, and electrical systems of both cars can sustain damage.
2. Slow down both cars the parking brake.
3. Check electrolyte level in the discharged battery (see. "Service of the rechargeable battery").
If the level of electrolyte is strongly lowered or electrolyte looks frozen, do not try to launch the engine from the additional rechargeable battery. In this case explosion of the discharged rechargeable battery is possible!
4. Attach a clip of a connecting cable with handles of red color to the plus plug of the discharged battery.
5. Attach the second clip of a cable with red handles to the battery plus plug - "donor".
For descriptive reasons operation is shown on the removed rechargeable battery.
6. Attach a clip of the second cable (with black handles) to the battery minus plug - "donor"...
7.... and the second clip of a cable with black handles — to "mass" of the car with the discharged battery in the place located at the greatest possible distance from the battery. It is the most convenient to attach a clip to "mass" of the engine, for example to an assembly loop.
The requirement of accession of a wire at the maximum distance from the battery is caused by a possibility of sparking at the time of accession.
8. Make sure that you attached cables in the correct sequence and they do not adjoin to mobile details of the engine.
9. When using the battery installed on the car - "donor" launch the engine of this car and let's it work several minutes idling until steady work.
10. Launch the car engine with the discharged rechargeable battery and let's it work to steady turns of idling.
11. Disconnect cables as it should be, the strictly return to an order of their accession.