9.9.1. Removal and installation of reels of brake mechanisms of back wheels
The brake drum is removed for its replacement at damage or wear of a working surface (the most admissible diameter of a drum of 201,0 mm), and also for control of a condition of brake mechanisms, by replacements of brake shoes and working cylinders.
Perform work on the car with the hung-out back wheels (on the elevator or the car installed by means of a jack on support). The lever of the parking brake has to be lowered against the stop down (the car is stirred up).
Replace brake drums with couples (left and right at the same time).
You will need the screw-driver with a crosswise edge.
1. Remove the left wheel.
2. Turn out the screw of fastening of the brake drum.
3. Through a carving opening of a bolt of fastening of a wheel wring out an adjusting wedge (for descriptive reasons the brake drum is removed).
For a reversing of the screw of fastening of the brake drum it is also possible to use the power screw-driver.
4. Remove the brake drum.
If the brake drum does not manage to be removed by effort of hands, easy blows of the hammer tap it on perimeter of a privalochny surface to a nave of a back wheel.
5. Measure by a caliper diameter of a working surface. If diameter exceeds the most admissible, the drum is subject to replacement.
6. Establish details as it should be, the return to removal.
At installation of the former reel remove a file the fillet on the working surface of the reel formed as a result of wear.
7. Similarly remove, check and if necessary replace the right brake drum.